Inside PLFL

The league was originally formed in 1910 as the Port Lincoln Football Association.

The league was reformed in 1946 (having been in recess during World War II) under its current title of Port Lincoln Football League. At that time the participating clubs were Lincoln South, Tasman and Waybacks.

Marble Range rejoined the league in 1953 from the Great Flinders FL, having been a member of the PLFA before World War II. Their re-entry was conditional on a probation period where they would only play B Grade until winning a premiership in this division, which they achieved in 1956 and were promoted to the senior division.

Tumby Bay and Eyre United joined the league after the Eastern Eyre Football Association folded after the 1961 season, although both clubs eventually moved to the Great Flinders FL, Eyre United in 1971 and Tumby Bay in 1981.

Boston and Mallee Park were formed to join the Port Lincoln FL in 1972 and 1980 respectively.

 

Share This
Our Clubs